This is certainly not fat free recipe, but it's one that my family has loved for years. My sisters used to compete on how many we could eat. Becky was always the winner, coming in at 13. I think about that now, and it really grosses me out. That is a lot!! She was only like 12 when she did it. I guess she was growing. Anyway, here it is!!
Marinated Chicken Wings
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cub butter
pinch of salt
1 tsp ground mustard
Put in a saucepan and bring to boil.
Use enough chicken wings to fill a 9x13 pan. Pour sauce over wings. Let marinate for at least 2-4 hours, turning the chicken over every couple of hours. The longer they marinate the better they taste. I've used boneless skinless chicken before, but they are not nearly as tastey.
Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is a recipe that you can crockpot and slow cook for hours. The longer you cook them (even in the oven) the more tender they are.
Rice Pilaf
Instead of using water, use chicken stock to cook your rice in. Add chopped celery, onion, green pepper, and water chestnuts. This rice is awesome and I use it all the time for lots of casseroles.
Hope you enjoy!!!
--Susan
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had the Marinated Chicken Wings. I am not a fan of wings and skin, so I would use boneless, skinless chicken next time. We really liked the flavor and tenderness. I tried it in the crockpot for a party as well.. It was great!!
Post a Comment