Monday, June 23, 2008

Ground Beef and Veggies

This recipe looked easy and quick which I think is great for summer. --Kayla

Ground Beef and Veggies (6 servings)

1 lb. ground beef
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon beef bouillon
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
8 slices cheddar cheese, divided
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped

In skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in water, rice, onion, bouillon and mustard. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes till most of water is absorbed. Cut six cheese slices into small pieces; add to rice mixture with green pepper and tomato. Cut remaining cheese slices diagonally and arrange over top. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand until liquid id absorbed and cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love how fast and easy this one was. It wasn't anything spectacular or unusual, but it tasted good, the kids ate it, and I wasn't cooking all afternoon! It's a good "old standby" kind of recipe.

Kami said...

I like this one, but what spice could you add to make it a little more exciting???