The new recipe follows. I found it in one of my mom's cookbooks. I love skillet recipes because there is only one pan to wash! --Tammy
Skillet Enchiladas
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
1/3 cup milk
1-2 tablespoons canned, chopped green chilies
vegetable oil
8 corn tortillas
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
Directions:
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, milk, and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas.
Cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield 8 enchiladas.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This was a good recipe for me this week! Long story but I bought a new range last Tuesday. It was delivered the very next day, but wouldn't work, sat in my family for a week, and finally the guy came to fix it. Well, the burners work, the gas does not leak but the oven still does not work! Some new range, eh? I have the worst luck!
So, Thank you Tammy for the yummy dinner that I could make on the stovetop!!! I will make this one again! We enjoyed it.
We had the enchiladas last week. I love any kind of Mexican food, and I thought these were simple and quick to make. We will have them again. I'm glad the recipe helped you out, Kami!
I really liked this one because it was super quick and easy. Carson really liked it too. This could become an "old standby."
Post a Comment